The Chris Paul deal left the Clippers’ roster looking a little weird. (Well, weird to everyone except the point-guard-obsessed David Kahn, GM of the Minnesota Timberwolves.)
The Clippers’ roster now has four point guards:
- Chris Paul
- Chauncey Billups
- Mo Williams
- Eric Bledsoe (recovering from knee surgery)
Their biggest need is a back-up big man, preferably a center. [Free agent Brian] Cook is a decent option, but you’d want him as your fourth or fifth big, not your third. Craig Smith and/or Ike Diogu could be brought back, but both are undersized fours and wouldn’t address the team’s need for size. If anything Gomes can play 10-12 minutes per night behind Blake, filling up all 48 minutes at the 4. They need a 7-footer to give Jordan a 15-20 minute break at the very least.
- Tom Haberstroh of the Heat Index suggests trading Eric Bledsoe for J.J. Redick.
- In the same article, John Hollinger suggests trading Mo Williams for “a real shooting guard.”
- Twitter’s buzzing with suggestions that the Clips are trying to move Foye and Williams.
- Bill Simmons had an awesome proposal yesterday on Twitter: Mo Williams for Mehmet Okur.
- There’s talk the Clips might amnesty Mo Williams.
- And the Clips already have a $2.5 million “room exception” to sign another player.