Last night’s spat between Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant caught us off guard, as we would have never expected KD to actually be involved in any altercation. True to form, Durant addressed the incident after the game in a very kind manner:
“We’re going to disagree sometimes, like I’ve always been saying,” Durant said. “But I’m behind him 110 percent, and he’s the same way with me. And you seen when we came on the floor we clicked and everything started to work from there.”
Unfortunately we at Cosby Sweaters don’t have a choice who Russ chooses to spar with, BUT if we did, the following five folks associated with the NBA would be as follows.
1) Kobe Bryant – This would be a classic case of the young gun going directly after the passionate veteran. I could see this fight going either way, but most likely with Kobe still losing about half of it.
2) David Stern – I would actually just love to see Stern get his ass kicked, thus this entry.
3) Luke Ridnour – Imagine that THIS just happened to Luke Ridnour, and instead of getting up and walking away he realizes that the vicious cross-over was something very personal. Luc immediately rises up to get into Russell’s face. Unfortunately for all involved Michael Beasley came to the aid of Luke and cold clocked Westbrook into next season. Then, Beasley drank a 40-oz.
4) Rudy Fernandez – A little known fact, and one which I’m sure keeps Westbrook up at night is that he was a candidate for the 2009 Slam Dunk Contest but lost in fan voting to a certain other young gun. Yep, Rudy Fernandez of the Portland Trail Blazers stole that last spot from Russ, and he has never forgotten it. We would love to see this swept under the carpet hate for each other reignited.
5) James Harden – Following Harden’s career in the NBA and as a beard model, there is only one logical choice for one of the stars of the D-league to go after. Ultimate fighting and/or entering the WWE. I see Harden as having a spectacular MMA career, specializing in grappling and illegal use of weapons. Put these two in a cage and I’ll pay a good amount of money to see who is able to walk out after.
discussion by Sidelines