N.C. State handed #1 Duke their first loss today with a 84-76 win, and as expected the court was stormed. One of the first folks to storm the court was a young man named Will Privette in a wheelchair. Dick Vitale had a little freak out as he couldn’t see the end result of the wheelchair on the court, but it seems that all ended well.
USA Today caught up with Will Privette:
Here’s a little background on Privette, the young man known on the Internet as the “wheelchair kid who rushed the court.”
Privette is from Zebulon, N.C., about 20 miles from Raleigh, and he’s always been a big sports fan.
- He will graduate from N.C. State in May with a degree in communications and a minor in journalism.
- At State, he’s also served as a statistical analyst for the Wolfpack baseball team.
- He was born with leg deformities, and he’s been in a wheelchair his whole life.
- In high school, Privette played wheelchair basketball.
- He thinks he’s missed just one home N.C. State men’s basketball game during his college career. He plans to attend all of them this season. “I love it, I live for it,” he said.
[YouTube]Powered by Sidelines